- About Best Day Travel Group
- Growth Strategies
- Certifications and Awards
- Social Responsibility
- Innovations and Benefits
- Site, networks and contact
Best Day Travel Group is the largest online travel agency and reservation center in Mexico and a major player in Latin America.
To create memorable moments for our clients, partners, shareholders, suppliers and the community through the organization, marketing and operation of the best travel services.
To be the first option that comes to mind when planning a trip. “When you think of traveling, you think of Best Day Travel Group”.
Best Day Travel first started in Cancun, Mexico in 1984 as a local travel agency and tour operator that provided transportation services and tours to those visiting Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
The renowned entrepreneur Fernando Garcia Zalvidea founded the company and named it “Best Day” because American tourists he had taken to Tulum and Xel-Ha said it was the “Best Day” of their vacation.
In 1994, after Best Day had developed a reservation system and technology platform, it became an online travel agency and was the first in the world to book an online travel reservation.
Throughout the 1990s and the beginning of the twenty first century, Best Day continued to grow and strengthen in the areas of receptive tourism and online bookings. Under the leadership of Julian Balbuena and Miguel Ortiz, the company positioned itself as the most important travel agency in Mexico.
Starting in 2010, BestDay.com entered the South American market and acquired shares in the HotelDo brand, which provides travel agencies with technology services.
Beginning in 2015, the organization was restructured and became Best Day Travel Group. Appointed as Chairman, Julian Balbuena works closely with the shareholders, board members and Christian Kremers, MBA, the CEO of Best Day Travel Group.
Today, Best Day Travel Group is a Mexican company with 32 years of experience, more than 2,800 employees and offices in six countries: Mexico, USA, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and the Dominican Republic.
Best Day Travel Group offers high-end technology and first-class services, positioning itself as the largest tour operator in Mexico and one of the most important in Latin America. It is a leader in meeting the needs of clients, both in the B2C area (business to consumer), B2B (business to business) and B2B2C through its four brands and Technological Innovation Center:
- BD Travel: specializing in receptive tourism and groups and conventions (DMC), this agency enabled the company to achieve world-class status
- com ( www.bestday.com ) an online travel agency (OTA) that is the most important in Mexico and growing worldwide
- BD TRAVELSOLUTION ( bdtravelsolution.com ) white label technology that powers booking engines on associated websites, both within the travel industry and other industries
- HotelDO ( hoteldo.com ) offers B2B technology services for travel agencies, both traditional agencies and wholesalers worldwide
Beginning in 2015, Best Day Travel Group established a strategic partnership with AeroMexico Great Plan to operate the site and sell travel packages and other services online.
In addition, Best Day Travel Group has service centers and kiosks in major shopping malls throughout Mexico, giving customers direct contact with sales agents.
It also operates IN4H (Innovation for Hospitality), a technology innovation center under the direction of Miguel Ortiz, which creates companies that offer solutions and/or improvements through cutting-edge technology for the hospitality industry.
Some of the companies IN4H operates are:
- First Provide (firstprovide.com ) a shopping platform for the hospitality industry
- Wire Factor (wirefactor.com) a platform for electronic document exchange, that allows for online delivery of invoices between hotels and travel companies
- AnXilaries (anxilaris.com) applies deep analytics to airline and hotel reservations as well as online travel agencies (OTAs) in order to maximize the travel experience
Using these tools, Best Day Travel Group creates business alliances and applies strategies that assist providers and drive the tourism industry, positioning itself a as major player in domestic and international markets.
4.- Growth Strategies
Best Day Travel Group has three major tactics on which it bases its growth strategy:
- Cost effectiveness
- Diversification / Multi-brand Strategy
Best Day Travel Group’s main objective is to be the number one travel agency in Latin America with a strong presence in all online and offline distribution channels.
5.- Certifications and Awards
Over the years, Best Day Travel Group has been the recipient of various awards and certifications, including:
- PCI Certification, which guarantees the security of credit card transactions
- Best Place to Work
- “Excellence in Customer Service and Call Centers”, awarded by the Mexican Institute of Teleservices (IMT)
- Socially Responsible Company (ESR) by the Mexican Center for Philanthropy (CEMEFI)
- “Best Seller” for various hotel chains
- The most important Mexican Travel Agency for the U.S. Travel Association
- Certificate of Excellence by Tripadvisor
- Super company by Grupo Editorial Expansión
6.- Social Responsibility
Best Day Travel Group has distinguished itself as a committed and socially responsible company involved in creating programs and solutions that match its values and philosophies.
Since 2011, Best Day Travel Group has operated as a Socially Responsible Company, promoting activities that benefit the community and local organizations, such as the Fundacion Ciudad de la Alegria (City of Joy Foundation) and others. In addition, the company has implemented programs that contribute to the personal and professional development of its employees.
In May 2016, Best Day Travel Group celebrated its 32nd anniversary. With 2,800 employees throughout its offices in Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, the Dominican Republic and Orlando, the company is expected to maintain the 20% growth rate that it has achieved over the years.
The company is anticipating a business increase of at least 50% by 2020, which will mean the sale of six million airline tickets, 4.5 million room sales per night and more than 1.5 million tours. 30% of the expected growth will be concentrated in Cancun and the Riviera Maya.
8.- Innovations and Benefits
Best Day Travel Group offers various benefits, including monthly payments without interest with most major credit cards, travel insurance, a multi-pay system, payment options with Oxxo, a call center with customer support, travel insurance, an anti-fraud system and no hidden charges, which is why it is considered the “Most reliable travel experience”.
Best Day Travel Group offers many options, including the following services
• More than 180,000 hotels worldwide
• Filtered by category, classification, price and more
• Flights with all airlines, including economy companies (Volaris, Interjet, VivaAerobus, etc.)
• Filtered by price, stops and much more
• Check flight status
Hotel + Flight (Packages):
• Package reservations with any airline, including economy companies
• Discounts of up to 40% with “Hotel + Flight” package reservations
• Filters and maps that make it easier to search for hotels and flights
Tours, Transfers and Car Rentals:
• Tours and attractions in the best destinations
• The best rates for hotel or airport transfers
• Car rental services in major destinations
• More than 100 shuttles operate in Cancun and the Riviera Maya, and more than 20 in Punta Cana.
BESTDAY To Go APP
With BestDay To Go you can easily plan your business trip or vacation and make inquiries or reservations for the best products and services, including hotels, flights, packages, tours, transfers and car rentals.
BestDay.com is the first website in the travel industry to produce virtual reality videos that allow users to experience a virtual trip. This technology is available at historias.bestday.com and can be used on any device (laptops, tablets or smart phones) through a Google Cardboards virtual reality viewer.
CUSTOMER ENGAGEMENT and #hashtag
9.- SITE, NETWORKS and CONTACT INFORMATION
Twitter / Instagram : @BestDay_Travel
Tel: 01 800 087 49 13